Devolo - sharing problem

kerryh_r 15:08 14 Mar 2008

I have two devolo ethernet adapters.
My main PC is set up modem-router-pc1 directly wired, second pc modem-router-devolo1-(powersupply)-devolo2-pc2.
Both PCs have a good internet connection, but I can not share the data back and forth on both PCs.
On PC2, I can see the stuff on PC1's drives, but not vice versa.
One of the PC's Devolo Informer software is telling me it sees the other PC, the other one isn't. What's odd is that seems arse about face, PC1 Informer is telling me it can see PC2, but not vice versa.
Have I missed an WINXP XP sharing option on one of the PCs. Maybe i did it on one but not the other, if so, what was that, I cannot for the life of me remember. Or is it a Devolo isseu I need to resolve?
Thanks in advance guys.

Ashrich 21:03 14 Mar 2008

More likely to be a firewall problem , try temporarily disabling all firewalls and see if it makes a difference .

Ashley

kerryh_r 13:26 20 Mar 2008

Do you have any experience of these Devolo devices Ashley?

kerryh_r 13:30 20 Mar 2008

kerryh_r 13:38 20 Mar 2008

Apologies. My server at work posted this multiply, after a supposed failed attempt. Can Mods clean it up?

Ashrich 23:00 20 Mar 2008

I have similar experience with the Netgear equivalent , but with wireless at one end , still think it is something to do with firewalls though , although using these type of adapters with plug adapters or extensions even surge protectors can hinder their ability to work correctly . Instead of using the supplied software utility , have you looked in My Networks or Windows Explorer to see if both are visible ? and are they both in the same Workgroup ( XP defaults to MSHOME ) ?

Ashley

kerryh_r 12:43 16 Apr 2008

I'd like to bump this, as I have not found a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone