Desktop and XP - PLEASE help

BlackSapphire 12:15 16 Aug 2004

Can someone please tell me how to restore my shortcuts to my desktop, this is not as straightforward as it sounds and here's why:- On my admin account (a different user to me) I removed unused shortcuts on their desktop and then logged off their account and came back to my own to find most of the shortcuts gone. There is no unused shortcuts folder in my account like there was on the administrator account, so how can I get them back because doing it the long way won't help as I cannot find the shortcuts -why is XP so hard/useless at times, and why would it remove shortcuts from a different user other than the one I was using at the time when they are all meant to be separate accounts?

TomJerry 12:23 16 Aug 2004

(1) If they are on admin account desktop: Login admin account, go "My computer", Find directory "C:\documents and setting", Find admin's directory, go to desktop directory, copy the ones you want and find your directory under "C:\documents and setting", paste them on your desktop directory, select them and right click, select properties, select security and give yourself access.

(2) Find the program exe file, normally under "c:\program files\xyz program\xyz.exe", select and copy, go to your desktop, paste short cut there.

TomJerry 12:27 16 Aug 2004

Read my another post for information click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?