Desktop window appears during startup

impact 20:09 01 May 2008

This has happened the last three times that i have logged on,i have my shortcuts on screen then a window (like an explorer window)pops up with all my desktop shortcuts in thumbnail view in it,it seemed to have started after i downloaded a registry tweaker off a thread in this forum,auslogics,i tried a restore from yesterday but it still appeared,thanks for any assistance,

impact 14:13 02 May 2008

Bump ?,

rawprawn 15:30 02 May 2008

Try running a system file scan Start > Run > type sfc /scannow If you are using XP you may need your XP Disc. If you are using Vista you need to run sfc /scannow from the command prompt opened by right click and choose "Run as administrator"

impact 16:47 02 May 2008

Thanks for reply, i will try it and get back.

impact 17:58 02 May 2008

No luck im afraid, it popped back up,luckily i have an acronis backup so i will reinstall that and see if it cures it, i will tick this thread,and thanks again rawprawn.

impact 13:06 03 May 2008

Morning all,i decided to perform a restore rather than use acronis,it seems to have worked,just to let you all know result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?