Desktop Sharing Application

Angry Kid 18:16 02 Mar 2008

Evening,

Just found and tried the following application.

click here

This is an excellent program and it also records your remote sharing session if required.

It is certainly worth trying. I have just used it to assist my father and the set up time was minimal to say the least.

Angry ;-)

Pineman100 18:30 02 Mar 2008

... many thanks for the tipoff. I think I'm in the same boat as you: my old dad (92!!) is learning to use a computer, and he lives 150 miles away. So this could be very handy.

One thing that their website didn't quite make clear to me: does the Customer Module have to be downloaded on to my dad's computer from the website, or does the Supporter's Module on my machine send the Customer Module executable to his computer?

Once the Customer Module is on his computer, how complicated is it for him to operate?

Devil Fish 18:33 02 Mar 2008

bookmarked thanks

Angry Kid 18:34 02 Mar 2008

I just downloaded the full version and then asked my dad to do the same.

Open the program on both pcs and then ask for your fathers id. Enter this into Team Viwer window and then press 'connect to partner'. Thsi then starts the connection. Ask your father for his password which is displayed below his id and thenenter it into a seperate window and then log in. You now have access to his pc.

Hope this helps.

Angry ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?