Desktop properties

steve263000 22:24 01 Oct 2008

When I right click on the desktop and select properties to change the wallpaper on the computer, the standard box come up, but when I click on 'desktop' to try and change the wallpaper, that section freezes and will not allow me to change anything.

I can change wallpaper by using one of my photo programs and selecting a photo, and then 'use as wallpaper' but I would rather do it the right way. Has anyone else had this problem and have you got a work around?

MAT ALAN 22:39 01 Oct 2008

click here

this may help...

steve263000 08:13 02 Oct 2008

Thanks for that Mat, and I have downloaded the program, but there seems to be literally hundreds of extensions there to check out and I simply have not got the time at the moment. Has anyone got any other ideas? I would not mind a simple wallpaper changer as I never touch other aspects of the desktop.

Technotiger 08:23 02 Oct 2008

In Properties>Appearance if using Windows Classic change to Windows XP Style (or vice-versa), then try the Desktop tab again.

Not saying this will actually work, but it is what I would try.

steve263000 08:34 02 Oct 2008

I have just tried that and the whole thing stopped working. Even when I switched back it would not respond at all. Weird or what?

Technotiger 08:40 02 Oct 2008

Try running click here in its default form, it might be a glitch in the registry.

steve263000 08:47 02 Oct 2008

Would you believe it, as I was replying to the last message, I set the desktop to change and left it to write here. When I went back to it, it had started to work!

However, I have also downloaded a simple wallpaper changer from click here in case it happens again. This just changes the wallpaper on a regular basis, the time being set by you.

Thanks for all your help.

Technotiger 08:51 02 Oct 2008

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?