Desktop Mouse Faulty

prince midas 12:03 27 Aug 2009

My Desktop as a rechargeable Battery which I cannot get a Logitech replacement battery for.
I have plugged a USB mouse from my Laptop into the USB socket in the middle of the Desktop Tower and it works fine for scrolling but if I try to use Microsoft Word I have to leave the original wires connected to the old mouse connection box as otherwisee I cannot use the Logitech Keyboard to write in word.Comoing out of the back of the Desktop Tower are 2 wires which are connected to the Desktop Mouse holder.The one on the left is a USB connected into a purple 6 pin pin and the one on the right is a green round connection with about 6 pins in which I do not know what it is for.If I disconnect either I cannot use the keyboard.If I leave them connected but not plugged into the mains everything works okay.
My question is how can I use the USB mouse and type into Word Docs and be able to remove these 2 connections which do not appear to be doing anything.

AndySD 13:07 27 Aug 2009

The Purple is generally the keyboard connection. Try removing the purple connector and plugging the USB straight into the PC

DieSse 16:55 27 Aug 2009

"The one on the left is a USB connected into a purple 6 pin pin and the one on the right is a green round connection with about 6 pins in which I do not know what it is for."

One is for the mouse, the other for the keyboard. They go into the wireless transmitter/receiver for both units - it's not just for the mouse.

"I cannot get a Logitech replacement battery for"

What battery is it - I can't believe it's so non-standard you can't get a replacement. What are the type numbers on the battery?

prince midas 18:47 27 Aug 2009

I have managed to buy a propriety AA rechargeable battery which appears to work.
I find it works fine for connecting the purple lead which is for the Keyboard and the Green lead seems to support the Mouse.My only worry is that the previous Mouse Pocket had a rechargeable battery connection and I may find that I have to manually charge the unit say once a week.

DieSse 19:29 27 Aug 2009

I have a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard. I use standard high capacity batteries (the same as I use in other things all round the house.)

I find the mouse batteries (2 off 2300mAh AA size) last four to six weeks - the keyboard (2 off 900mAh AAA size) 10 to 12 weeks (I'd say my mouse gets higher than average usage).

Yours may be different as they are a different model. The higher the mAh (milli-Amp hour) the longer they will last.

I use an external charger, as mine doesn't have the charger built-in.

Hope that all helps.

woodchip 22:15 27 Aug 2009

The Mouse That you put in the Mouse Docking Station will charge a normal Rechargeable NiMa battery fitted in the mouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?