Desktop Message

Phoenix40 17:01 08 Sep 2010

Hello i wonder if someone can help me. Ive just opened up my computer and while it is booting up i get this message all the time now on desktop. It says Rundll Error Loading

C:\users\Roland\Appdata\Roaming\QTWMC1321.dll

Access Denied

Does anyone know what this means and how i can get rid of it. I did install a new game yesterday but had no problems so far. I have done a CMD SFC Scannow and used the CCleaner but it still shows up

birdface 17:11 08 Sep 2010

QTWMC1321.dll
Did you spell it right.Nothing on Google for it.

Phoenix40 17:28 08 Sep 2010

Hello thank you for your reply. Sorry i forgot to mention i use Wins Vista on my computer. I agree its either QTWMC1321.dll or QTWMCI321.dll. I too cant seem to find it either. I did have problems a few days ago with my computer thinking there was a virus attack but after doing a system restorer going back quite a few days and doing several antivirus checks i seem to have sorted everything out till today when i started up my computer just now and i keep getting that message. So unless i do a system restorer again is there any other way i can trace it. Hope to hear from someone soon thanks.

Nontek 17:30 08 Sep 2010

You might find a clue among these ...

click here

birdface 17:37 08 Sep 2010

Maybe run C cleaner if you have it.
Can't find anything about it so far.

Woolwell 17:38 08 Sep 2010

What was the new game?

Phoenix40 17:50 08 Sep 2010

Hello the new game i installed was called Victoria 2 by Paradox. I did have trouble starting the game until i went into administrator use for Vista SP2 pack then it seemed to work alright. I will try out the other message in a moment thanks.

Phoenix40 18:22 08 Sep 2010

Hello heres the latest ive found about this problem. As i went into Msconfig Utility. I got an antivirus warning message from my AVG scanner with a problem on this file. It turns out its a Trojan horse virus with this detail Crypt_cAYH.
Ive got it isolated in my AVG vault at the moment shall i just delete it or what? Shall i restart my computer and see what happens. Ive got no idea how i got it there as ive had no real problems recently thanks a lot for any help.

Phoenix40 19:04 08 Sep 2010

Hello after i isolated the virus in my fault i still got the message coming up on my desktop. So i went into Msconfig Utility and found the startup file. It says GPSFIU, manufacturer unknown,Rundll32 then the rest of the directory i mention before with nkqll at the end after that file name. Its on my registration as well. I have unchecked it at the moment and it has stopped coming up on my desktop. Shall i leave it at that? Is there anyway i can trace it thanks for any help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone