Desktop links don't always link

Graphicool1 12:02 06 Jan 2015

On my Desktop I have folders, that when clicked open to reveal a selection of icons, shortcuts to various programmes. However, just recently the folders will eratically not open. Yes I can go elsewhere and open those programmes, but I set this up to make access quicker. Till now it has been fine, eccept for the odd hiccup. Then I used to know a bit of script, that I would type in somewhere that would sort out this problem. Unfortunately though like my memory it's been lost in time.

If anyone knows the script I am referring to and where I have to type it I would be much oblidged. I think it must to sync them or something similar. I might have originally got this script from Fruit Bat /\0/\

lotvic 19:59 06 Jan 2015

I did a google for your problem using: script to fix broken shortcuts windows 7

This is one of the interesting results ClickHere seems they can be prone to corrupt and there is a script and stuff... best to read the link.

compumac 22:15 06 Jan 2015

Can you not recreate those desktop shortcuts?

Graphicool1 17:52 10 Jan 2015

Hi Lotvic

Thanx for the link, however it took me to...

'Stop Windows 7 from Deleting Your Desktop Shortcuts'

Windows doesn't delete my shortcuts, I think you misunderstood my post. On my desktop I have placed folders, which I have named. For instance there is 'ART & PHOTO' this one contains...33 icons of which 11 are Photo Editing Programmes 10 are CG programmes there is a selection of DVD software a couple of Website Builders, Slideshow Creators etc.

I have 9 such folders on my desktop, all containing shortcut icons.

Yes compumac

I could recreate them, but it would be very time consuming. I have set up these folders to save time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?