Desktop and Homepage lost to Ads ???

dan6565 23:26 07 Apr 2005

Cant get my Desktop or Homepage Back. Ran Spybot - Search & Destroy. SpywareBlaster. Ad-Aware SE Personal and Security iGuard all cant fix it. This is What it says on my Desktop.............. WARNING! YOU'RE IN DANGER!
ALL YOU DO WITH COMPUTER IS STORED FOREVER IN YOUR HARD DISK. WHEN YOU VISIT SITES, SEND EMAILS... ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE LOGGED. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM WITH STANDARD TOOLS. YOUR DATA IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FORENSICS. AND IN SOME CASES FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.

Every site you or somebody or even something, like spyware, opened in your browser, with all images, and all downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs - ARE STILL THERE and could broke your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!

Removal instructions ( This link takes me to a search site for Spware removal tools )

THE TERMINATOR 23:41 07 Apr 2005

click here click here and scan your system.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:04 08 Apr 2005

click here will sort you. Ms antispy is also the best and is free.....click here

G

dan6565 00:09 08 Apr 2005

cheers it found 3 files but could not clean them. going to try and delete and reboot

rawprawn 08:51 08 Apr 2005

Scan again in safe mode, (Tap F8 when booting)

Yoda Knight 09:22 08 Apr 2005

Rawprawn has the answer there, safe mode will allow you to fix the problems.

If you start with network support, a good idea would be to run the beta scan from click here which scans for all types of nasties

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?