Desktop Display.

askgreg 21:04 15 Feb 2004

Has anyone had this problem before or something similar.?

Each time I 'boot', the final display isn't the normal desktop, but it is as though I have selected 'My Computer' and then 'C'. I have to close down this display each time I open before I can get to my desktop.

Anyone any ideas on how to get back to normal?Your help would be much appreciated.

Greg Askey

When you close down, you have probably set the option to restore your shutdown status on re-opening; try closing everything down on your desktop before shutting down the computer, hopefully you will then get back to your desktop.

As you have not mentioned your OS I can not help further with the setting change required.

Diodorus Siculus 21:26 15 Feb 2004

Go to start, run, and type

msconfig

See if there is anything there telling windows to open that view - some mention of windows explorer witht a reference to "my computer" or the likes.

askgreg 21:38 15 Feb 2004

Thanks for your prompt replies.I'm running Windows 98,I'v look in MSCONFIG and can find nothing, I'v also tried 'Whisperers' suggestion with no change.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?