Desktop and Custmomisation

Sir Surprisesalot 12:14 02 Mar 2006

Hi all, I currently have Windows NT 2000 on my seconday PC and wish to have it looking more like XP. I have XP Pro as well but the desktop icons on NT 2000 have that dark blue square behind each icon. I wish to remove it. I tried going into Control Panel > Settings > Display and removing it by changing its color etc. Also is it possible to have my shortcut icons beside my Windows Start Button. I have managed to do that but I would like it on two different lines. I know I am able to do this in XP but unsure how to in NT2000.

Thanks in advance.

Stuartli 12:31 02 Mar 2006

The normal way (not familiar with NT2000) is to right click on the Desktop>Properties>Appearance tab and use the Effect button to alter icon backgrounds.

Your second question, although I'm not quite clear as to what you require, appears to be one that involves again right clicking on the Desktop and, this time, using Arrange Icons By...

rawprawn 15:53 02 Mar 2006

I don't know about NT2000, but on XP if you right click on the desktop/ arrange icons/ uncheck "Lock Web Items on Desktop" That gets rid of a blue background if it is already ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017