Desktop Case Recommendations

23790954 12:53 16 Oct 2006

As a silver surfer my computer system is built into a desktop case, which I prefer, as it takes up much less room, with the TFT monitor placed on top of it. However, the power supply unit, providing power to my system is only 300 watt, which is less than the estimation provided foor my system. My system is built on a Gigabyte K8NSLI Nforce 4 motherboard, with an AMD 64 3200+ processor, 1 gigabyte of 3200 400 DDR Sdram, with 4 fans, case + CPU, DVD Rom, DVD writer, ATI Radeon X300 PCI Express Graphics card, floppy drive, from which I use an Bubblejet printer;
scanner; and digital camera; wireless mouse and keyboard. When checking the system through one of the website checking systems, my minimum power required is 310 Watt. As my case is only 135mm
deep, it will not take a normal ATX power unit and I have spent the last 2 weeks 'e' mailing companies for their assistance, and none of them came up with a solution. Surely I am not the only person who uses such a desktop case. Would anyone who does use a similar desktop case, or who can suggest a solution to my problem on upgrading my power supply unit, in my desktop case, please advise me on how to do it.
Many thanks for all assistance given.

citadel 21:00 16 Oct 2006

If there are no system crashes you can keep the psu you have, 10 watts over is not much. there are micro atx psu's but they are usually 250 to 300 watt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?