Desktop

muffin1947 10:03 24 Jun 2007

I seem to getting a strange problem.When I click onto any shortcut on my desktop for any website it starts to load but after about 15 seconds it goes back to the desktop.I tried getting into five different web sites but it just went back to the deskdop screen.The only way I can find to resolve it is by turning my router off and disconnect at the mains and then re-connect the mains and turn the router back on.Any ideas

ambra4 12:42 24 Jun 2007

You store website on your desktop ??????

what happens if you go to website via the browser

If it works fine in browser delete from desktop

muffin1947 22:38 27 Aug 2007

I am still having this same problem ie I have a few shortcuts to web sites that I use a lot for example my bank account.But when I double click on the shortcut the progress bar at the bottom R/H corner only goes to three segments and then the screen goes back to the desktop.If I put the address in the address bar the screen just stays blank and two segments on the progress bar light up and then go out and then it starts again.I have to unplug my router for a few seconds and then it is fine for a while.It is very annoying anyone any ideas.Sorry it is so long

Graham. 23:16 27 Aug 2007

The shortcuts are pointing to the wrong place, get rid. Use 'Favorites' to get to the websites.

muffin1947 19:48 28 Aug 2007

I must be doing something wrong.I went into favourites clicked add to favourites entered my banks web address and clicked ok but when I then go back into favourites and click on that web site it does not appear in the address bar.I thought it would appear in the address bar when I clicked on it.What have I done wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017