desk top shrunk ???

Sethhaniel 10:24 04 May 2006

booted up yesterday and all my desktop items were about half way across the screen and seemed to be in an invisible box 3" across x 4" high and started to dissapear if dragged towards edge of this box - right clicking could only be done inside the box - but on applying a wallpaper the full screen utilized this but icons remained in thier little area - virus scans showed nothing - but a reboot sorted it back to normal -
any ideas ;)

fazer 13:18 04 May 2006

Have you activated "Desktop Cleanup" in error?

Properties - Desktop - customise desktop - run desk top wizard every .......

Sethhaniel 16:22 04 May 2006

Not Guilty - -
plus that just moves unused icons to folder - this one even has my local boffin confused ;)

Belatucadrus 17:04 04 May 2006

Have you played any games with a low default screen size display, say 800 x 400 ?

Sethhaniel 12:26 05 May 2006

No games
just switched on as i do every day and there it was 'shrunk' I don't use wallpaper normally but when I applied it - it covered all screen and little invisible window of icons remained there
nothing untowards showed up in 'manage' or spy scans - but cleared itself on re-boot
its not connected to web -
baffled ;)
though it is windows XP :)

Sethhaniel 13:27 06 May 2006

so decided to do check disk
it wanted to run on restart so let it and after it gave the all clear and booted fully there was my small invisible window with the shortcut icons half way across the screen in a space about 5 inches square - undecernable till you drag the icon to the edge of this invisible box and it dissapears from view - have switched off - and will go back later and hopefully it boots up OK - doesnot seem to affect anything I need to do on computer - but just annoying- ???

remind 13:31 06 May 2006

is `active desktop` enabled? click here

i'd tell you what tick box to look for but its completely disabled on my machine

this might help click here

Sethhaniel 13:57 06 May 2006

will have look at that
but it has been working OK for last couple years without this annoyance ;)
I will get back

Sethhaniel 08:27 08 May 2006

on computer ??? followed instructions from second link but option is not even there !!!
any way machine started OK Sunday ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?