Design software package

leo555 09:04 10 Mar 2008

Could someone give me advice as to which design software package I need? I would like to be able to display my products in a brochure or leaflet (or simply in a power point presentation)but change the colour of them and put company logos on certain parts of the product so that my customers get a better impression of what they would be buying. Should I be using Adobe Photoshop for this? What version would be suitable? Or Should I be using Adobe Indesign? I would prefer a simpler package?

Diemmess 09:36 10 Mar 2008

Forgive any presumption on my part (just an enthusiastic amateur), but you are wanting to do what an entire industry of graphic design and advertising strives to do and does very well.
At a cost!

Corel is what I use, but Illustrator and Apple Mac seem to be the norm in industry.
Throw in Acrobat, Quark and all sorts of expensive software and hundreds of hours learning to use these.

Serif offer a range of cheap and cheerful stuff, but everything depends on how much dressing up you have in mind.

You can stay with simple cheaper picture handling and presentation software but limited in scope.

This may be enough for what you wish to do, but its your products you are displaying and while you don't want a scruffy effect, you have to decide what level of presentation you can best use.

Belatucadrus 11:23 10 Mar 2008

click here link to the cheap and cheerful Serif range.
Both Photoshop and Indesign are powerful tools designed for pro use and in my opinion total overkill for the casual user. I did some fairly extensive Photoshop training in the multimedia unit of my HND and barely scratched the surface of what it's capable of.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires