Dell XPS M1330 laptop screen problem

jarani 19:50 16 Jun 2009

In the above laptop the screen suddenly went multicoloured and fuzzy it seems to show the desktop icons but it is not normal by any means

what can be the problem ? what caused it please ? what needs to be done ? anyone with experience of this please ?

lotvic 23:16 18 Jun 2009

^

lotvic 18:46 19 Jun 2009

seems to be a prob with the M1330, Support Community for Dell, Dell XPS M1330 Problems with Graphics / Video Driver
click here

jarani 23:05 19 Jun 2009

lotvic - I understand your concern about advertising etc but when a solution is needed anything that helps would be helpful and that would have been a way out - thank you for your second contribution which is helpful to understanding the problem

As it was we approached Dell Tech Support ( we are out of warranty by 3 weeks ) and got the problem fixed on the telephone advice running to some 3 hours call paid by Dell - but the charge was some £30 which included resetting the forgotten password involving complete reloading of the operating system and all the drivers with the loss of all the data - a lesson to us all

woodchip 23:11 19 Jun 2009

sounds like its dropped to 8 0r 16bit colour resolution check display properties in control panel

jarani 23:24 19 Jun 2009

woodchip - thank you

Dell Tech Support - which was very good, the guy knew exactly what to do - first fixed the hardware problem, then the password

the screen testing was extensive to determine the problem

lotvic 23:41 19 Jun 2009

I see that FE has deleted the posts that were blatent advertising of repair service. (Spamvertise)

jarani, advertising is not allowed on this forum as per forum rules and FE requests that we report any we find.

Glad you got pc fixed anyway. Guess you learnt the hard way, like we all do, the value of backing up personal data to external media.
After my first time I soon got organised - I lost a lot of photos due to a quicktime virus that corrupted everything :(
I now use Acronis True Image for backup of everything as well as making a straight copy of My Docs on an external drive.

Thanks for letting us know how you got pc sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?