Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 any feedback?

MaryWard11 15:13 02 May 2017

Hey guys, I need small and compact laptop that could fit in a purse and is easy to take away with me. However I am not sure if it is reasonable to pay that amount for the PC. Anyone here ever used it? Could you, please, give me some advise? I have been searching for reviews on click here but couldn't find any. Please, help! Thank you! Mary

Forum Editor 22:43 02 May 2017

Moved to Tech Helproom from Apple Help.

Aitchbee 23:31 02 May 2017

There's a detailed review on page 23 of Computer Active magazine latest edition.

VERDICT: If a slim, light 2-in-1 is what you want, this is a great choice, but you're not getting much performance for your money. 3/5 click here

lotvic 23:33 02 May 2017

PCA review click here

or you could just use your smartphone...

Archonar 08:53 03 May 2017

Just to provide an alternative view, if you don't need the 2 in 1 feature (i.e. you just need a laptop not a laptop - tablet hybrid) then the dell xps 13 has been called "the best laptop on the planet" by techradar

There are alternatives though, and if you only need it for running word and excel then buying something that pricey is slightly overkill. The Asus ZenBook UX305, second on that techradar list, is far cheaper and will handle everyday computing with ease, for a few hundred pounds less.

If we know what you are looking for then we can provide some recommendations as to what laptops might suit you.

Secret-Squirrel 09:46 03 May 2017

Mary, from what you've said it sounds like you're in the US where the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1's are significantly cheaper than in the UK. Considering that you're getting a touchscreen laptop with tablet mode, they're actually good value. Just make sure you get the 8GB model with a 256GB SSD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires