Dell X300 Restore factory settings

akilees 18:13 05 Dec 2006

Hi does any one know how to completely reset a Dell Latitude X300 Laptop since I have just started buying and selling laptops and one I have just brought has to many issues to deal with so I need to reset it.

skidzy 19:20 05 Dec 2006

Most Dells have the restore/recovery on a seperate partition.

Tap F11 on startup and you should be given 3 options.Select your choice and follow the prompts.

If you choose the destructive option,this will take your machine back to factory settings and all settings/data will be lost.

All this assumming you have the restore function on a separate partition.

akilees 19:27 05 Dec 2006

Brilliant thanks I have been asking everyone I know and no one knew, I previously tried to reset a samsung v20 but had no luck so I was just wondering for future reference whether you would know how to reset samsungs?

skidzy 19:32 05 Dec 2006

If no recovery disc with the Samsung,again try F11 (as above) this may be a different key.

If you are lucky enough to have the original windows disc to the computer,maybe a format of the hdd and a reinstallation is the way to go.

Alternatively,to give the computer a good cleanup is:

Delete the programs from Add and Remove Programs.

Run Ccleaner click here

Then use windows search,typing in anything relating to the deleted programs.

This will not totally clean the system,but will make it more user friendly.

skidzy 19:35 05 Dec 2006

Samsung V20 recovery discs click here

Any further recovery discs needed,try typing the laptop/desktop model into google...such as this

Samsung v20 Recovery Discs

You may be surprised what you can find,no promises though how good the recovery discs are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?