Dell Windows 7 Upgrade Time Frame

Input Overload 15:43 22 Oct 2009

I recently bought a DELL & am eligible for a Win 7 upgrade. I filled in an application etc & it was approved & DELL emailed me & told me I would be contacted when they sent out the upgrades.

My question is from 'past experience' what sort of time frame usually exists with such a situation with DELL? Weeks, Months? :-)

Quiller. 15:45 22 Oct 2009

If it's the same as my HP upgrade to Vista. Months.

In the end I wish it never turned up :-)

bremner 16:03 22 Oct 2009

"Microsoft has publicly announced planned Windows 7® availability on October 22, 2009. If you have enrolled in the Windows 7 upgrade program, you will receive an e-mail shortly after the Windows 7 operating system is made publicly available stating that your upgrade kit is available for order. Once you place your order online and pay applicable tax, shipping and handling charges, you will receive an e-mail with an estimated ship date."

Input Overload 16:21 22 Oct 2009

Thanks for that info: I'm a bit concerned about changing to 7 as I have spent the last week configuring & setting up Vista as I like it, with Office, burning software, Outlook and being an avid desk changer I have all wallpapers, Window blinds & more programs. But I think when I get 7 I will install it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?