Dell system detect problem, disable/removal

Hetti 12:11 13 Feb 2014

After a recent update for Dell system detect I find the blue circle (busy) sign spins most of the time, also PC is very slow to respond, for instance if I'm typing the text appears 2/3 seconds after I hit the key.

I have run all the scans virus/malware PC is clean.

When I stop the Dell system detect process in task manager the PC seems fine. So I presume this is the problem, do I need this and is there a way to disable rather than remove it?

running win7

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:27 13 Feb 2014

Used by DEll to collect data such as your service tag, system configuration information on an on-going basis for use and storage in servers that may be outside of your country, can enable you to receive software updates and alerts that are specific to your system, as well as customized product information.

Considered as bloatware by some users

You can uninstall Dell System Detect from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.

On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following: Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program. Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs. When you find the program Dell System Detect, click it, and then do one of the following:

Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.

Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).

Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Dell System Detect.

If its causing problems uninstall it

Hetti 18:32 14 Feb 2014

Fruit Bat /\0/\ thanks

I have removed DSD and all seems fine now, I hope it stays that way, lol

Thanks again

TinaGallagher 21:30 21 Apr 2014

I did this on my laptop. I went into control panel, located Dell System Detect and went through the uninstall process. I also went into my downloads and removed the install software, but it is still in my system, creating havoc. How else can I remove it? I would really appreciate the help. Thank you

rdave13 22:30 21 Apr 2014

Check task manager and stop any DSD services still remaining. Task manager should show the processes and services that pertain to Dell. As you've uninstalled the program then run Ccleaner's reg cleaner and also the ordinary temp folders and cashe cleaner.Ccleaner. Note that all your history will be deleted as well as your cashe and form filling cookies will be deleted. There is an option to secure 'intelligent' cookies needed on installation. I would run the program in default mode for now.

Reboot after running Ccleaner.

Warning, create another technological system to record your name and passwords to various sites..

Pen and paper might be useful, before you run Ccleaner in default mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?