Dell PC Upgrade - Will this GPU fit?

Pizz88 19:14 27 Oct 2013

Hi all,

So I have a Dell Inspiron 570 I'm trying to upgrade. Fitting a new 600W power supply and graphics card.

Here's the motherboard (a Dell special.. :\ ) ... Now, I know some of the newer cards are quite big in physical size... Would something like a Radeon 7850 fit this board? I'm worried that silver square thing in the middle will block the card.. I can't tell. Any advise?

Thanks!

click here

Pizz88 12:14 28 Oct 2013

Bump!

retep888™ 14:12 28 Oct 2013

The GPU will fit alright ( the silver square thing in the middle won't block the card) however you have to make sure there is room inside that micro Atx case for the 8-9" long GPU.

If I'm correct after researching some images of the Dell, there is enough space but please open up the side panel & measure from the back plate to the front panel alongside the PCI-e slot. Good luck with the GPU & PSU.

Another thing you might have to reconsider is your Dell's weak CPU, it might become a bottleneck depending on what games you play.

Pizz88 14:43 28 Oct 2013

Hey retep888™ ,

Thanks for the response! Really appreciate it. My long term plan is to replace the mobo entirely, but I can't do that until I can afford a new CPU. The dire Radeon 5450 I have at the moment is the weakest element, so I figured I'd start with PSU & GPU.

Next up i'll replace the Mobo & CPU.

I'll take those measurements tonight and update on how it goes.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017