Dell optiplex 3020 upgrade GTX 670?

Joshua1799 15:23 13 Jun 2017

Hey guys, I have a Dell optiplex Mini tower 3020, I bought it from my friend for £160 here in U.K, it has an i5 4570 clocked at the stock 3.20Ghz speed, no dedicated GPU, 500 Gb 7200 rpm hard drive with windows 10 pro, a single module 1600 Mhz DDR3 ram stick. I was thinking of going crazy and take a risk and possibly get a higher reward. So as we all know, or who don't know, the dell optiplex 3020 MT has a 290W psu by dell, which makes it unable to put in powerful graphics cards in it, however I was thinking of replacing it with a Corsair CP-9020097-UK VS Series ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Power Supply Unit, 550 W, which am not sure if it will fit the mini tower, if it does I will be making use of a 24 to 8 pin mother board connecter to attach the power supply to the motherboard. If it does I would want to add a great cpu called the gtx 670 from evga the FTW edition with 2GB GDDR5 memory it is a 10 inch long card and I dont know if it will fit in my case, further more I will be adding a 60 gb ssd with the brackets bought for del optiplex, another 4 gb ram stick.

The main questions are:

Will the chosen power supply fit as replacement for the dell 290 W power supply?

Withh the Evga GTX 670 FTW fit in the Dell optiplex 3020?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires