" Dell Online Store " - scam ?

jarani 18:20 28 Jan 2006

i have just received an email purporting to come from the above - correct address - " your order # xxxxx has been accepted for the amount 697 Pounds - thank you for shopping with us

Your order ###### for Digital Camera xxxxxx ( which does not exist ! ) has been accepted for the amount 697 Euros ( it was pounds above )

Your card will be charged in that amount

You can check the order in your profile

click here

Thank you - Dell Online Store

Has anyone experience of this ? - Dell connot be contacted on this on any number over the weekend - any advice ? needless to say i did not click as requested - jarani

Jackcoms 18:23 28 Jan 2006

It's a scam/spam.

Delete it and forget it.

malgall 19:45 28 Jan 2006

yes scam agree with jackcoms
delete and forget

roxanne1944 18:21 20 Feb 2006

Yes, it is - I found something on the Newcastle Univ. Site. I too got one of these e-mails on Sat & got quite panicky - as you say - unable to contact Dell. On the basis that the weblink given Dewar-quality.com contains the order number & two links (supposedly) to Dell online I tried calling Dell today to make them aware.Unfortunately, they have the customer Abuse Phone System. On 08709075818 I got so far but couldn't progress any further without a customer number. On 08709060010 I thought I was actually going to speak to someone - when the line went dead...

vinnyT 11:34 21 Feb 2006

FAO roxanne1944

According to this site click here 01344 860456 will get you to the Switchboard - ask for Customer Services.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone