dell m1710 no subwoofer volume

AL47 17:58 20 Sep 2008

i doubt anyone can help but does anyone have one with working subwoofer that can tell me the drivers etc being used,

mine is not visible

long shot i know

DieSse 23:26 20 Sep 2008

Are you sure there should be one? Normally you would simply adjust an equaliser to adjust relative volumes at different frequencies.

You can't expect too much of a "sub-woofer" in a laptop - there isn't enough room for a large enough speaker to be a proper sub-woofer - not even enough for a woofer really.

Sorry I can't help further.

AL47 18:13 21 Sep 2008

i can really notice its silent, its annoying

it is usually located in the volume control under advanced, tho with the new diver, there is no advanced tab or subwoofer control anywhere

DieSse 20:47 21 Sep 2008

Sorry - I actually thought "no volume" meant "no volume control" - not no sound at all from the sub-woofer.

You should be able, in Device Manager, be able to roll back the driver to a previous version - which presumably was working.

AL47 21:21 21 Sep 2008

whoops should have put its after a format, its the only thing i think as to why its not there now but was before

i think the old driver wasnt sp1 compatible but id rather have it than no speaker

thanks for trying :)

AL47 21:33 21 Sep 2008

thank you diesse

even tho i couldnt roll back the driver you gave me the thought of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver,

back to before now

why this worked i dunno! seemed to install fine first time, may have to try this foor my others just incase!

DieSse 21:39 21 Sep 2008

XP, Vista or Vista64bit ??

Have you downloaded from here?

click here=

Did you enter the Service tag? - as this identifies your particular machine, I understand.

DieSse 21:40 21 Sep 2008

You beat me to my next idea! Still, glad you got it sorted.

AL47 21:50 21 Sep 2008

yeah, should have thought of it sooner! shouldnt need 2 installs, but anyway!

thanks mate!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?