Dell Lattitude and Nero Incd

Arnie 21:01 01 Apr 2003

I work for a large multi billion pound national food retailer you wouldn't beleive our IT department can't fix this problem!.

We as a department have upgraded our Dell's to brand new Lattitudes with CD writers 2 of them. Both came with NT4 SP5 and Nero installed by our IT guys.

Upon looking in Exlorer we noticed that there where 2 CD drives an E and a F. the F drive was the writer and the E was redundant, OK i could live with an F drive. We then downloaded and installed Incd as i like to do a quick save as and drag and drop sometimes....this is when the F drive has gone and all we are left with is the redundant E drive. Now the weird bit, we as users can see the F drive in Nero's own file explorer window but not in NT's explorer so we can't save as or drag and drop. I can do i through Nero though and can format a CDRW

If I sign on as admin (one of the IT guys gave us the password....doh !)I can see the F drive in explorer so it is a setting in the user config somewhere that is stopping it ? I have a felling it may be an aspi driver or something to do with the atapi. The reason I say this is that in control panel you have a scsi devices icon and the aspi and atapi are started by the system when logged on as admin but when logged as a user the aspi and atapi are not loaded. If so how do I get the aspi and atapi to start when logged on as a user ?

Thanks all

Arnie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?