Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain a plug to fit the DC input socket (3 pin) on a Dell Latitude laptop ( The cable is open circuit inside the existing hard wired plug and I am reluctant to buy a new power supply ). I suspect this may be unique to Dell, but fingers crossed !!!!

  sean-278262 13:36 09 Aug 2007

click here

is it one of these. If so it is a clover leaf connector and they are pretty common. Are you located in the UK before we start posting where to get them.

No. Thats the a/c input cable for the power supply, the one I require is hardwired on the dc output of the power supply. Thanks for your reply. I am located in the UK

  sean-278262 13:49 09 Aug 2007

You mean the one that plugs into the motherboard power input? It isnt advised to replace these. However a trip to the component centre of your local Maplin store may yield a result.

Can't imagine why its not advised to replace it. Its only a plug on the end of a bit of coax used as a dc lead. Except of course, DEll would rather sell you a complete power unit ! Will give Maplin a try but doesn't look too hopeful after searching their web-site.

  wjrt 15:29 09 Aug 2007
  wee eddie 15:34 09 Aug 2007

That this socket is frequently Hard Wired to the MoBo.

If yours is linked to the MoBo by a CoAx Cable then there should be no problem, unless you dislodge the cable at it's connection to the MoBo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?