Dell Latitude CSX Laptop Help

foxmulder 13:17 11 Jan 2007

Hi there.

I have just bought a Dell Latitude CSX Laptop from eBay and this model does not come with internal floppy or a CD-Rom Drive. I have tried to use the Dell website to source some technical specs for this laptop but am having no luck.

I need to purchase a floppy / cdrom for this machine and I know they are both external devices. Now I know that the floppy will connect by the parallel port but how does the cd-rom drive connect to one of these laptops?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Diodorus Siculus 13:23 11 Jan 2007

Probably through a PCMCIA slot - the credit card sized slot on the side of the machine.

Diodorus Siculus 13:24 11 Jan 2007

Is this it?

click here

foxmulder 13:25 11 Jan 2007

I think I have seen these cd-roms on ebay, they slide into the side of the machine if I am correct.

foxmulder 13:26 11 Jan 2007

PC Cards
CardBus controller Texas Instruments PCI 1225 CardBus controller
PC Card slots two (supports type I and type II cards in any combination; type III cards can be used only in the lower slot; the upper slot supports ZV cards on computers running the Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows 98 operating system)
Cards supported 3.3-V and 5-V
PC Card connector size 68 pins
Data width (maximum):
PCMCIA 16 bits
CardBus 32 bits

I see now, I haven't used a laptop before so was unaware of this feature!

54david27 13:50 11 Jan 2007

hello There
If this is the same as a Dell LS400 which I have the external CDROM drive is connected via an IDE port on the back of the PC next to the parallel port, the floppy drive can also be connected to this port as well as the parallel port. Hope this is of some help to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?