Dell Latitude 110L - Reinstall XP issues

acberty 01:06 21 Aug 2008

The reinstall from Dells' 'Reinstallation CD' seemed to work fine, and the machine starts up OK, except...
I have a full house of 'Drivers not installed (Code 28 )' under Other Devices in Device Manager. That comprises: Ethernet Cntroller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, PCI Modem, Video Controller, Video Controller (VGA Compatible).... so I have no internet access via THAT Dell machine. This Dimension E520's fine...
I fought my way through Dell's System Summary - which lists nothing at all for NIC card type - and have identified ( I think ) and downloaded drivers for all except the NIC Card and the Modem - a UK internal 56.6K V.92 thingy - and seek the guidance of you guys as to exactly WHICH driver I need to find/download/install from the confusing Network Category of Dell's site.
I did try to install and use SiSoftSandraLite - but couldn't get it to run...

DieSse 01:16 21 Aug 2008

Dell lists many options on your system, do it's impossible to tell from the model number which you need.

Either try again using the exact model & serial number or

Try pcwizard2008 for technical details of what's fitted.

click here

DieSse 01:18 21 Aug 2008

PS - I'm surprised that there isn't a drivers CD. The last Dell I saw had a Windows CD and a drivers/utilities CD.

ventanas 08:53 21 Aug 2008

Dell always provide a second cd which contains all the items you are missing, you must have it somewhere. It will examine your machine and give you a list of what you need to install. After each one you will be asked to restart, say no and wait until all four (chipset, video, sound and network) are installed. If you can't source the missing files on the web site you will need to find this disc. Have you tried searching by entering your Service Tag?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?