Dell laptop inspiron 1750 webcam drivers

funf 21:38 25 Aug 2010

Bought this laptop 3 weeks ago.Formatted it and put linux on.Then decided to put the origional Vista OS back on.Everything ok except there are no drivers for the webcam. Dell want me to return the laptop to them so they can reinstall on a small second partition. Cost 190 pounds. Does anyone know of alternative drivers,or where is it possible to get the drivers.

Woolwell 21:52 25 Aug 2010

Have a look here click here

Did you create a recovery disc when you first got the laptop?

funf 14:36 27 Aug 2010

THERE IS A RECOVERY DISK BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE THE WEBCAM DRIVERS/SOFTWARE.DELL ONLY PROVIDE A PATCH WHICH IS OF NO USE.Sorry no one can help.

Woolwell 14:57 27 Aug 2010

No need to shout! Your problem lies in that formatting you probably over wrote the recovery partition which normally brings the system back to factory condition. If you didn't make a back up of this then you could well be stuck. Dell now seem to want to recreate this partition and unsurprisingly will charge.

funf 10:08 28 Aug 2010

Not shouting really just did not realise I had left the caps lock on.Yes Dell require that I send the Laptop back to them at a cost of 25 pounds each way. Which adds another 50 pounds. All for a webcam driver.Definitely will not buy Dell again.
The internet is full of people like me searching for Dell webcam drivers.Why dont Dell just put them on their download page.
Thanks for trying to help.

PC840 09:31 08 Dec 2010

If you can log on here there may be a slution, but you need your Service Tag.

click here

But I only get Service Tag not supported! It would be interesting to see what results you get!

funf 21:15 17 Dec 2010

Thanks pc840 I have been there dozens of times .DELL just will not let you have the drivers and software without paying for them. Which means returning the laptop to them which incurs another £50

funf 21:41 19 Dec 2010

Thanks 123 the second post that you sent me was the one that worked. Thanks a million for finding the time to help me.

funf 21:44 19 Dec 2010

Sorry about the 123 I missed the key and never noticed. Thanks 124

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?