dell inspiron 530s

r.s.logan 18:18 13 Sep 2008

Just replaced computer with a Dell 530s and very pleased so far .On start up I get a message " warning. The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update ATI graphics driver or enable ATI adapter using Display Manager" On checking ,the driver is up to date (should be , only got the computer yesterday !)and it states "ATI Redeon hd 2400 pro - this device is working properly" On the Display Manager I cant see any option for enabling ATI adapter. Any one advise on this or will I have to contact Dell . Thanks for any help , basic skills with computers.

crosstrainer 18:42 13 Sep 2008

Open control panel

Device manager,

Then scroll through the list until you find the display adapter entries

Right click on each and choose remove

When you have removed them all, re-boot the system and windows should install the drivers for you,

If not download the latest from:
click here=

May be wise to use the chipset drivers too.

r.s.logan 16:53 15 Sep 2008

Thanks for advice. I contacted Dell this morning as I only got the computer on Friday and they rectified fault on line.Excellent service once I got connected.Once again , thank you for help, appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie