Dell Inspiron 1525 Video Problem

paul654 17:55 29 Dec 2008

Just bought my son a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop. Whenever He tries to play Videos on Youtube or Googlevideo the video stutters badly. If he pauses it and allows it to download fully it plays fine.
He's running Vista Home Premium with 2 Gb Ram.
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5800 2.0 GHz.
Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100.
Someone told me that you can increase the amount of RAM that the Video card uses but I'm not sure how to do this or even if this would help...any suggestions.

Clapton is God 18:15 29 Dec 2008

Couple of things to try before you start messing with the video card:

Do the videos stutter at whatever time of day your son tries to play them? At 'busy' times on the internet, they're more likely to stutter.

Have you got the most recent version of Flash? If not, go to the Adobe site and uninstall the current version with their removal tool and then download/install the latest version

paul654 18:20 29 Dec 2008

It stutters any time of the day and he's downloaded the latest Flash version today with no success.

provider 2 15:48 30 Dec 2008

Just a thought ... did it come with any trial (ie crippled, greyed-out) Roxio/Sonic products pre-installed?

If so it might be an idea to use RevoUninstaller to get rid of them. I`ve seen these cause persistant stuttering in both sound and picture on DVD playback on a brand new Dell laptop.

(Didn`t get round to testing video performance until after, though.)

Oh, and the Dell support thingy can use an alarming amount of CPU even when doing nothing in particular. Stop it using Revo`s autoruns manager.

provider 2 16:08 30 Dec 2008

Also, you might want to try the York, PC Decrapifier. Unfortunate name, but a very useful little program that was developed specifically for clearing out the garbage that often comes pre-installed on new machines.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?