Dell Inspirion 6400 Bluetooth Problem

Jake_027 20:45 23 Oct 2006

My friend has a Dell Inspirion 6400 laptop with bluetooth inbuilt but it won't work. When it is switched on using the fn+F2 keys the indicator light comes on but clicking new connection on the bluetooth icon in the taskbar just brings up the message "Bluetooth is not ready." with only an ok option. He says it used to work but stopped about 4 months ago. I don't currently have access to the laptop because I'm no longer at his house but in the meantime, any ideas?

Thanks for the help

Jake

Jake_027 21:44 23 Oct 2006

Any ideas?

FatboySlim71 21:59 23 Oct 2006

If the laptop is under warranty still I would get in contact with Dell (good luck with that, as ive heard their service leaves a lot to be desired) It does sound like an internal blutooth fault, did your friend have any software for the inbuilt bluetooth, if they have it might be worth reinstalling it, other than that I would say its an internal bluetooth fault.

Jake_027 22:03 23 Oct 2006

He has some software with it but I think it is the software that dell provides or inbuilt windows software, as I can't look at it right now. Thanks for the advice, it has a Core Duo T2300 so I assume it must be under warranty as that isn't even a year old yet and Dells basic warranty is at least a year. It did work before so you might be right it might have developed a fault will have to see when he comes back off holiday.

Thanks for the help though, much appriciated.

Jake

Jake_027 22:27 23 Oct 2006

I'm going to move this to networking because I realised I posted this in the wrong section. So please don't tell me off for it! Sorry! I'd delete it from here if I could. Maybe the forum could be improved by allowing that!

Jake

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017