Dell E773c monitor..

User-F2431D4F-62D0-4437-928506E1A8EE85F7 17:19 31 Jul 2006

I have the above monitor it has started coiming up in different colours.
I have tried deguassing it but to nothing still crabby colouring.
Is This the end of this monitor?
If so what monitor would you suggest to replace it I do not have a big budget for a top of the range.
CRT or LCD which to go forward with

Thanks for your help with this matter!

howard63 17:26 31 Jul 2006

have you recently unplugged it and plugged in again. This sounds like a bent pin in the vga cable.

no has not been touched my friend

spuds 17:41 31 Jul 2006

Dell do not actually build monitors, they are rebadged models from very reputable manufacturers like Viewsonic etc.

Depending on what you want to use it for, like general use or gaming, plus space requirements, then perhaps someone could direct you to a model more suitable for your needs.

Prices are dropping all the time, and places like PC World are even selling 17" monitors for £69.99. I recently purchased a 17" CTX VL 701 for £43.00 and that included a three year warranty. The monitor that I am using at this moment, is a flat screen 17" rebadged Medion, a brilliant piece of kit.

Even the dead pixel problem with TFT's, now seems to be improving with the latest products.And prices on these products are dropping fast also. What was once about £250 can now be obtained for just over half to two thirds that price now.

howard63 17:42 31 Jul 2006

ok try removing your video card and cleaning the contacts with a rubber then put it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache