Dell Drivers

AubreyS 12:15 28 Jun 2003

I wonder if anyone will be able to tell me where I can obtain a Dell Latitude C600/C550 Resource CD from? I have tried Dell's site with no luck. Thanks in adavance.

professor 12:47 28 Jun 2003

why not just download the drivers one by one then put them on cd\rw? at least that way you will know that you have got the latest drivers for eveything

prof

AubreyS 12:54 28 Jun 2003

Hi Prof.

Yes I have tried that. When I boot the laptop up (Its a Dell C510/C610 running XP Pro) It comes up with "Found new PCI modem" I have scoured Dells site for this particular driver and either I'm missing something or its not there. I thought that if I had the Resource CD it would be a lot easier. I think that the disc got thrown out when I had a clearout.

Patr100 14:05 28 Jun 2003

You need to put in the service tag for your laptop into the Dell site and all the required drivers for your model should be available for download.

AubreyS 23:01 28 Jun 2003

Thanks Patr100.

That's exactly what I did. But when I go into device manager it show a conflict as PCI Modem. I cannot fint out what the modem is. I think that I need the restore disc that came with the laptop which I have unfortunateley lost. My only option is to phone Dell and see if they will let me have or buy it. Unless of course there is anyone on PCA who would kindly let me borrow one to copy. Thanks again Patr100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?