Dell Dimension 1100 graphics problem

Gavin Leeburn 12:51 28 Feb 2006

Hi, really frustrated here, so some help or solution would be most appreciated. I got a dell dimension 1100, upgraded ram to a gig and PSU from 250 watts to 350 watt, . the pc only came with 3 pci slots (no AGP etc) so i bought a XFX geforce 5200 256mb ram PCI card, from amazon , disabled my onboard graphics, installed the card, set bios to auto in graphics (other option was onboard) (also there are no jumpers for graphics)and turned pc on with monitor connected to card .the pc powered on and fan came on on card, but monitor didnt come on like it was on stand by, the card is inserted fine, and connected to monitor fine and i meet all cards requirements but it doesnt work. Does it sound like incompatibiliy or a faulty card? i got it from amazon.co.uk, HELP PLEASE

gudgulf 12:58 28 Feb 2006

Could be faulty........but try the card in a different pci slot.

Better still see if you can try the card in a different pc.

Gavin Leeburn 13:42 28 Feb 2006

Thanks, tried other slots which i knew where working and still the same problem, getting my mate to try card on his pc, dell help desk not very good at all,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?