Dell D1126H 19" Monitor drivers for Windows XP

hellfire18 13:54 15 Dec 2005

Hello,

This is my first post so hello to everyone.

I have a 19" Dell CRT Monitor, model number D1126H.

I cannot appear to find the correct drivers for this Monitor no matter how hard I search.

I bought it off Ebay for £10 and it didn't come with any manuals. Windows XP Pro just detected a default monitor that doesn't have many settings on it.

I checked the Dell downloads section on their web site, the forum and emailed their customer support all to no avail.

Does the latest XP driver for this monitor exist?

All I want is something that will allow me to set the proper refresh rates, and allow me to use the 1600x1200 display that this monitor is capable of. My previous Shinho AV2 monitor (15" very poor) even had it's own utility to configure things such as brightness, contrast and other tweaky bits that I cannot remember. Does Dell have a utility similar to this that sits in the Control Panel?

Sorry to blab on, any help is very much appreciated.

Chris Morley.

anskyber 14:07 15 Dec 2005

Right click desktop>settings to set resolution>advanced>monitor to set refresh rate

anskyber 14:09 15 Dec 2005

sorry from right click desktop go to properties then as above

DieSse 14:09 15 Dec 2005

Monitors don't really need *drivers* - which in any case are not drivers in the true sense of the word.

WinXP should be able to display on this monitor with the settings you wish, without any aditional software. However, if the monitor is not detected as Plug and Play, you may have to fool windows into giving you a list of resolutions and refresh rates, by identifying the monitor as another make/model.

Look in the display properties under monitor, and make sure the box *Hide modes that this monitor cannot display* is UNticked.

Also can you tell us what monitor Windows has identified it as (if any), and what restrictions are currently set for your monitor display modes.

hellfire18 15:59 15 Dec 2005

Refresh rate won't go above 70hz and max display resolution is 1024x768 when it is capable of 1600x1200 apparently. Dont know what the max refresh rate it can handle is. As you can imagine on a 19" monitor 1024x768 means the icons are extremely large.

hellfire18 16:00 15 Dec 2005

Oh forgot to mention it just shows as a Default Plug and Play monitor.

citadel 16:57 15 Dec 2005

I have a 19" crt and have it at 1024x768 and the icons are normal size, the refresh rate is governed by what your monitor can do, if you set it to 85 and it can only do 70 it will auto go to 70.

hellfire18 17:46 15 Dec 2005

If I remember correctly the monitor can do 90Hz but I could be mistaken and I can't seem to find any info on google.

DieSse 17:59 15 Dec 2005

What OS are you using?

Try selecting another monitor model/type.

Did you untick the box I suggested? - this changes the availale display modes on my monitor dramatically.

hellfire18 18:12 15 Dec 2005

Thanks to all the responses, in the end I downloaded a generic Dell monitor driver which seems to of done the job. 90Hz max res and 1600x1200 max res. It also shows as a "Dell D1126H Monitor on Nvidia GeForce 5500" now.

Thanks to all who replied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?