Dell battery wont charge

naineysman 18:31 15 Nov 2006

Folks, did the Dell battery recall recently all went smooth. (inspiron 9300)Usually I run the bat down once a week but on this occassion the battery won't change from 1% charged. Orange light flashes on the Laptop case. laptop only works when plugged in to charger. Suspect this new battery has died? (4 months old?)

Sent Dell email but wondered if I was doing something wrong in the bat config area?

N

gel 17:46 24 Feb 2007

Hello naineysman.
I have the same problem with my dell inspiron 1300 lap top.The battery has died 7 months old.
Did you get a response from dell or any other advice.
Mine also works when plugged into mains
Cheers
gel

naineysman 23:16 26 Feb 2007

Hi Gel, actually just discovered in the last week that the battery is not as good a fit as the original.

On a flat surface the battery 'foot' must be pushing up unevenly causing the terminals to part. Tried charging the laptop upside down and pushing the bat home a little and all went well. bit of a pain but once charged it does not pose an issue. Its all very strange.

Solution is to keep battery above 10% and if not charge upside down. How wierd is that. Give it a try.

N

gel 07:04 27 Feb 2007

Hi naineysman,
Thank you very much for your comment.
It sounds strange but I will give it a try.
I think I shall lie on my back with the lap top above me upside down suspended from the ceiling.
You did well to find a solution
Cheers
gel

gel 15:45 06 Mar 2007

Hi naineysman,
I complained to dell about my battery and received a replacement F.O.C.
In fact they were very helpful and although I have only had the new battery for the last 3 hours all seems fine
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?