Dell Advertisement

carper 10:18 25 Oct 2007

Every time I visit this web site I get a full screen advert for Dell computers when I close down ,as it seems to be lurking in the background. Is there any way to get rid of this. I am running XP Home SP2 and have a range of pop up blockers and the usual AVG,Spybot,Spyware blaster,etc. but nothing seems to move it. Any Ideas ??? Thanks Carper

spuds 10:44 25 Oct 2007

What browser are you using, and how do you close the page?.

[email protected] 10:48 25 Oct 2007

If using IE7
use IE7pro
click here
Firefox normal pop up blocker should work if not try adblock plus and a filterset
click here
I sometimes use IE in tab firefox this is the only time i see it but its normally only once per session?
hopefully someone may have an answer for IE tab

carper 11:40 26 Oct 2007

Hi spuds. I use Firefox and the advert appears when I close the page with the red cross at the top.
I have downloaded the Firefox addd-on from Raven and will see what happens. I;m not sure whether the instruction will work as I can't see a banner advert to click on.
Thanks for your replies, Carper

bretsky 17:41 26 Oct 2007

You need to install this ad-on for F/F at click here
and in that way YOU get to choose what scripts run on your web pages, simple to use and fully customizable.

bretsky ;0)

carper 14:14 27 Oct 2007

Thanks for your replies. I have now downloaded the two links you provided and it appears that it has worked although I don't know which one. I suppose I should have tried them individually

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017