Dell 944 Printer Carrier Error Jam

jader 12:34 01 Jan 2009

My Dell Printer has 'clunked' to a halt with a 'Clear Carrier Jam' error message. I have tried Dell's solutions to no avail, especially as it is practically impossible to get into the cartridge section of the printer. Is this the end of the line for my printer, or is it worth getting in a Dell engineer? Alternatively, does anyone have an alternative solution? I shan't be at my PC for much longer, so any kind responder may not get an immediate reply.

Pineman100 15:11 01 Jan 2009

I had the same problem some time ago with a Dell printer - I can't remember its model number, but 944 rings a bell.

Like yours, I got a 'Clear Jam' report, and nothing I could do would get rid of it. And I mean nothing! I tried opening up as much of the printer as I could, to try and find some rogue scrap of paper, I left it unplugged from the mains for a while, I tried it on a different computer (driver software and all), and so on.

Eventually I'm ashamed to say I dumped it. I always hated it - build quality was mediocre, the paper feed was vicious and unreliable, the scan quality was poor, and to be honest I wasn't sorry to see the back of it. Today I reckon you can get something of better quality for much less money.

Sorry if that's not very helpful!

jader 12:10 02 Jan 2009

Thank you Pineman 100 - -you have confirmed my feelings about it! I shan't feel guilty about dumping it now.

Pineman100 14:12 02 Jan 2009

I don't know whether this is any use to you: click here

You would, of course, have to tell them that they'd need a whizz-kid to unjam the bl**dy thing!

If you regard this thread as closed, please tick and click Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?