Dell 924 problems

Chrissie228 13:03 26 Sep 2010

I'm still having problems with my printer. Started with error message - cartridge missing - Was advised to try new cartridges. did this, but it made no difference. Uninstalled and re-installed. Prints test page, but nothing else. Any ideas, please?

Pineman100 14:02 26 Sep 2010

Some random thoughts:

If it prints a test page completely satisfactorily, then it seems that there's now nothing wrong with the cartridges.

Did you initiate the test print from the computer, or from the printer itself? If it was from the computer, this suggests that there's nothing wrong with the computer-printer communication, either.

Are you still getting that same error report ("cartridge missing") or does the printer just not print what you send to it?

Are you sure that the printer is set as the default?

Chrissie228 17:01 26 Sep 2010

Hi Pineman 100

Thanks for your efforts. I initiated test print from computer. However, I am no longer able to do this ! And I keep getting cartridge missing. When I ask to print a document, the process begins until I see 'Print cartridge missing' - I attempt to proceed by pressing 'continue' but printing status window remains at 0 and nothing happens.

I appreciate your efforts, but think this is too quirky to deal with from afar, so will continue to 'fiddle'. Big thanks

woodchip 17:13 26 Sep 2010

Have you loaded the Correct Driver for the printer for your Operating System? whatever it may be

Chrissie228 17:17 26 Sep 2010

Thanks Woodchip

I have already tried this - but will re-try. Have to go out now, but will keep you posted.

Big thanks - can't believe the effort people put into my problem !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?