Deleting XP

norming 12:21 18 Oct 2008

Having reinstalled XP pro (on another PC) I now find that the keyboard does not work fully: it operates normally when I use ‘enter’ to select which o/s to use, once XP has opened it no longer has any effect and I am unable to type anything. Before the reinstallation it was working normally. I’ve checked Keyboard in control panel and in system - hardware and both indicate that everything is normal. The keyboard itself is standard so there was no special driver with it.
I say reinstall as I thought that was the only way to get rid of a virus on the original installation - expecting the complete installation to be wiped out when I carried out the reinstallation Instead both installations are listed when I switch on. I’d like to get rid of the first - or both if necessary, but unlike the old days I have no floppy to F-disk. So how do I remove them as I’m sure that is the root cause of my problem?
Norming

brundle 13:13 18 Oct 2008

Have you tried another keyboard?

click here

brundle 13:15 18 Oct 2008

Then use a partition manager to remove the old partition. You may need to use the XP boot CD to issue FIXMBR and FIXBoot commands. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?