Deleting Word hyperlinks browsed pages

jojox1 18:46 13 Jan 2006

Hi. Have been trying to find an answer to this for a while now, all to no avail.
When opening hyperlinks in word 2000 there are entries there that I can't delete, these are not web urls as I have done all the usual things, history, cookies, temp,etc and have run a few downloaded programmes(CCleaner, Ace utilities,MRU Buster)All the web pages visited are cleaned out, but not file entries. Any ideas?
Thanks.Jojox

octal 18:58 13 Jan 2006

If you open the document highlight the link then click on Insert, in the menu click on Hyperlink and in the window click on remove link, that should remove it.

That's if I'm understanding you correctly.

jojox1 19:08 15 Jan 2006

Thanks for the reply octal.If it was only that easy.
The items I'm trying to delete are files that must be in a cache somwhere I assume, but don't know where.

octal 20:26 15 Jan 2006

OK, I think I understand now. If you right click on the hyperlink and look in Edit hyperlink does it give the file path name? If its not a URL then it should point to a location on your local hard drive.

jojox1 13:14 16 Jan 2006

Thanks again for the reply, again it's not that easy. I know where the links are or were with the location given, there not there now, but still in the cache for the hyperlinks, just don't know where that is. Think it must be in the registry. Have looked many times on the internet in many sites, but nobody seems to have had a definitive answer, quite a few people have had the same problem.
Thanks again. Jojox

octal 18:43 16 Jan 2006

I found this on the Microsoft site:
click here

I'm not sure if it has any bearing on your problem, it does say "The location where Word creates the temporary files is hardcoded information and cannot be edited."

Of course you may have already seen it, anyway it'll bump your post to the top again.

jojox1 10:18 18 Jan 2006

Thanks again Octal, will try and get my head around the article. Still not convinced that the problem can't be eliminated.Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?