Deleting Web-sites history on Google

Yimbo 14:28 15 May 2007

Using Windows XP and IE 6, I am unable to delete the list of web-sites previously visited. Each time I start to type a new address, the list appears, and as it's getting quite lengthy, it's more of a nuisance than a help. Clicking on "Tools" - Internet Options gives me the "Delete" window. On clicking "Delete All" nothing gets deleted. Any ideas folks? Thanks

FreeCell 14:36 15 May 2007

Try using RTesSeeker
click here

Install. Select Histories and then Internet Explorer URLs

FreeCell 14:37 15 May 2007

Sorry about typing, that should have been RegSeeker

recap 14:40 15 May 2007

If it you are using the Google Toolbar, click the down menu and select 'clear history'.

Woolwell 17:57 15 May 2007

This should help
click here

Legolas 18:33 15 May 2007

if you mean web addresses go to tools/internet options general tab/clear history

bigtrev 21:26 15 May 2007

Why not download crapcleaner. It takes away your long list in the address bar while typing

click here

bigtrev 21:31 15 May 2007

you can also highlight the words in the google search bar and press the delete key and it deletes all your google history

Yimbo 19:31 16 May 2007

Thanks for the advice folks, but my probelm is that using Google toolbar, clicking tools/internet options/general tab/ clear history --- nothing happens it doesn't clear anything

recap 09:27 17 May 2007

On the Google search bar click the down menu to the right of the search window and select 'clear history'at the bottom of the list, this is highlighted in blue.

Yimbo 15:05 19 May 2007

Doing what you suggest clears the history from that area - but it does NOT shift details from the central Google search pane. This is where my problem lies! Thanks for your comment though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?