Deleting typed URL`s

I have Win98SE and IE6.I have been trying to delete unwanted URL`s from the IE address bar,but without success.My method is :- Click Start/Run/Regedit/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Typed URLs.Clicking the last entry I get in the RHS panel Name:default and Data:value not set.Not a URL in sight.How do I input the info necessary to show them and thus able to delete them?Any help most welcome.

MichelleC 14:06 18 Oct 2003

If you 'Clear History' in Tools/Internet Options/General this should clear them.

If only it was as simple as that Michelle C.It doesn`t.

bowman 17:27 18 Oct 2003

I don't use IE6 so not sure if this will help. Have a read here:

History still there!............

click here

There are several links in the postings for soft ware that may help. (Worth a look maybe)

Hope this helps.

Djohn 17:53 18 Oct 2003

In IE 6 from the general page, click on delete file as well as clear history. This usually does it. j.

Kitz E Kat 17:55 18 Oct 2003

In IE Tools>Internet Options>Auto Complete, is that what you at?

That stops the option of it prompting you with a list of possible URL's as your typing an address, or you trying to kill all IE history?

recap 18:10 18 Oct 2003

If it is just the odd one then try highlighting the URL and pressing the delete key.

Joanne_1 18:18 18 Oct 2003

Your looking in the wrong place, start off with HKEY_USERS then follow on as you already had.
This way you can delete one url at a time instead of the whole lot.

Used a program called Spider.Seems to have done the job.Thanks to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?