Deleting suspect emails

tomasel 19:32 21 Jan 2003
  tomasel 19:32 21 Jan 2003

Please does anyone know how to delete suspicious looking emails in inbox without opening them first and possibly bringing a load of trouble.
I don't mean attachments, I mean sealed envelopes.

Dabler 19:38 21 Jan 2003

I have had similar experiences and would recomend Mail Washer as you can view your emails before opening them and the program labels suspicious emails as well.A blacklist enables these to be bounced and deleted before your default program opens them. Hope this helps

graham 19:49 21 Jan 2003

On aol you just hit the delete button.

jimv7 20:02 21 Jan 2003

Close the preview pane so that when you click on the email, it does not open.

Then you can right click on suspected emails and delete.

cosh 20:05 21 Jan 2003

Hi Tomasel
From OUTLOOK EXPRESS just right click on the e-mail and on the drop down list click "delete" and they are gone forever -at least that's what I've been lead to understand and I have never found them again.
In AOL just deleting them puts them into a "deleted file folder" I think it is called, it is still within AOL- you need to locate and open this folder and delete them from there to get rid of them properly.
Hope this helps

billyliv 20:14 21 Jan 2003

hi, Open Outlook Express (If that is what you use) On the Menu Bar click on TOOLS, select OPTIONS, click on the READ tab and uncheck 'Automatically download message when veiwing in the preview pane' Now you can delete any message that comes into your inbox without it opening, To view your mail you have to double click on it. Cheers, Bill.

Sootie 23:21 21 Jan 2003

I use Incredimail.Does anyone know how to delete suspect emails,as the letter is sometimes already open??? Please help if you can as I am a novice on the internet.

terminus 03:19 22 Jan 2003

Open incredimail .. left click on view option, then click on the preview option, and remove the preview page section.. You may then delete at your lesiure

Filch 13:01 22 Jan 2003

If you want to try MailWasher, and it is very good, it's at click here

Lead 13:04 22 Jan 2003

Sorry to repeat what has been said before, but i can't recommend MailWasher enough. It is a brilliant piece of software, and has saved me from muchos spam and helps prevent the spread of viruses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?