deleting shortcuts in the intray by the clock

derek-220674 09:44 06 Jan 2007

How can i delete some of the shortcuts that are in the the taskbar intray by the clock

VoG II 09:45 06 Jan 2007
  Graham. 09:50 06 Jan 2007

This would be the Notification Area. Right click on the Taskbar, Properties, Taskbar, Customize. Right click on Behavior, choose an option for that item.

tonyx1302 12:54 06 Jan 2007

Following on from VoG's link I have discovered that my S/Con/Utility is set to 'Selective' start up in the general menu and I don't know if this is right. Should it be set to 'Normal'? I have never played about with this utility so it seems to have set itself in this selection. My pc is running brilliantly at present and I suscribe to the " If it ain't broke ......" theory but I am just interested.
I have XP Home with SP2 and don't want to alter the settings just for the sake but wonder what would happen if I changed to Normal and would I alter and settings or notice and difference?

With thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 13:34 06 Jan 2007

Bump^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:40 06 Jan 2007

what programs do you have listed in the start tab of MSconfig? and which ones have ticks in the boxes (tick = selected to run, will running all if set to normal and therefore may slow your PC)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?