Deleting Screen Saver!!! Please HELP!!

Solartopi 19:24 06 Aug 2007

Hi there Gurus,

Another silly mistake!!! Can anyone please HELP!!

A friend sent me some pictures - far too many - and I'd like to delete some of them. They were sent to me via Shutterfly. Can you tell me how to delete - I don't see anything that indicates deleting. Also in playing around I turned one of the pictures into a screen saver. It is very blurred and I would like to delete the screen saver. How do I do this?

Solartopi

skidzy 19:45 06 Aug 2007

XP ?

Where have you saved the pictures ?

If for example in My Pictures,highlight them and delete or right click the picture in question and delete.
If received by email,they maybe stored in your documents folder.

Changing your screensaver:

1. Click on the Start menu. The Start menu will expand.
2. Click on the Control Panel icon. The Control Panel will open.
3. Double-click on the Display icon. The Display Properties dialog box will open.
4. Click on the Screen Saver tab.
5. Click on the drop-down menu under Screen Saver to expand it.
6. Click on the screen saver you wish to use. For example, you can click on 3D FlowerBox.
7. Click Preview to see what the screen saver looks like.
8. Click on OK to select the screen saver. The Display Properties dialog box will close. You've successfully changed your screen saver!

skidzy 19:47 06 Aug 2007

Or line 51 click here

Solartopi 20:12 06 Aug 2007

skidzy,

Oh yes, sorry. I should have mentioned, XP Pro

Thanks I will have to search where they were saved. I really can't remember. I'll have to search.

If you don't choose a particular Folder then they go anywhere, do they. Oh dear, if that's the case I have a lot of work on my hand in searching.

Solartopi

Solartopi 20:31 06 Aug 2007

skidzy,

Oh Sorry, thanks for the Link. Great stuff there.

May I ask you a personal question? Where do you kind & helpful folks get all this info from. You have it all stored on your computer.

Thanks

Solartopi

Technotiger 20:34 06 Aug 2007

The Line 51 link skidzy gave you ... open it and then Bookmark it if using Firefox, or Add to Favourites if using IE. This is how most of us learn ourselves anyway.

skidzy 20:40 06 Aug 2007

Its just something we pick up along the way.
Reading and researching various problems helps us diagnose problems.
Some issues often reoccur and we can point the person in the right direction.

Four years ago i knew nothing of pc's,this forum and Goggle have taught me everything i know,and the experience of now building /rebuilding computers as a hobby.

What does amaze me though,is you never stop learning...always someone who can help you,especially here at PCA.

I originally came here thinking i had a rogue dialer installed on my first pc..i was scared ! my phone bills where high,this turned out to be an old Amstrad email phone dialing out.

I was welcomed and politely helped with a further problem and been here since.

Technotiger 20:46 06 Aug 2007

I have never met Skidzy, but do consider him/her :-)) a Friend, and I am sure the feeling is mutual.

ambra4 20:48 06 Aug 2007

The Screen Savers are in the Windows-System32 folder

Or you can use this trial program to delete the screensaver you do not want

Softany Screensaver Remover Version: 1.0

click here

skidzy 21:00 06 Aug 2007

Spot on my friend ...and its a HIM :-)))

Technotiger 21:06 06 Aug 2007

Cheers ... likewise :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017