deleting restore points

Studdy 15:19 03 Apr 2009

Can anyone tell me how to delete all except the last restore point

PO79 15:22 03 Apr 2009

Switching off system restore will delete all restore points, then restart it and create a restore point.

mfletch 15:22 03 Apr 2009

You cannot save the last one you delete all of them then create a new restore point

Steps to turn off System Restore
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.
5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore:
You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore?After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Steps to turn on System Restore
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
3. Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
4. Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

birdface 15:23 03 Apr 2009

Delete them all.Right click my computer.Properties.System restore.Tick turn off system restore.Apply.And when you reboot Restart system restore with a new restore point.

birdface 15:24 03 Apr 2009

Will need to learn how to type a bit quicker.

Studdy 15:50 03 Apr 2009

Thanks for all your help and quick replies

Simsy 15:58 03 Apr 2009

You can delete all but the most recent...

Open My computer
Right click on the Drive in question
Choose Properties
Disk Cleanup

The system will then check to see how you can save space...

When it has done this you can tick the boxes for what you want to delete...

If you click the "More Options" button you also have the option to "Delete all but the most recent restore point"

That's the procedure for XP. I know you can do the same thing in Vista, but can't remember off the top of my head how to do it. I think it's similar, but at some point in the procedure you need to do it "for all users" rather than just the logged in person... or something like taht!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?