Deleting Real Player history files

CyprusJohn 18:38 05 Jun 2008

I stopped using Real Player some time ago as it was very intrusive and tried to take over. i have just re-installed the latest version and it shows a history file going back to when I got the comp with Real Player installed.
It seems to have a title 'applicationdata\real\realone\history' but a normal search doesn't show anything.
Any of you boffins know how to get rid of such nuisances?

Technotiger 18:44 05 Jun 2008

Uninstall Real player using click here during the process when you are asked to re-start your PC - Don't - Revo has not finished yet, when you get to the part where you are given the option to Select All, and Delete - Do so - when Revo has finished re-start your PC. You should then have a 'clean slate' to re-install Real Player if you want to. Personally I would not touch Real Player with a triple length barge-pole!

CyprusJohn 07:04 06 Jun 2008

I seem to remember that Real Player was a right pain in the past and I will take your advice. Any suggestions as to what to use instead? Media Player?

golfpro 09:02 06 Jun 2008

I would not use Real Player either, but I'm afraid I have no other choice as its the only way I can get to listen to the BBC radio programs (I live in Austria), and they only broadcast in Real Player.

Technotiger 10:45 06 Jun 2008

A very good alternative ... click here

CyprusJohn 14:47 06 Jun 2008

Deleting real player has given me back a lot of speed but i will investigate an alternative for Auntie Beeb. She used to provide her own player as an alternative.
PS the link site to tiny.url was flagged by Zone Alarm as unsafe.

Technotiger 15:02 06 Jun 2008

I can absolutely assure you that my link is 100% safe no matter what ZA says. I thoroughly recommend the alternative I have suggested.

Technotiger 15:05 06 Jun 2008

PS - the link is to Softpedia.com a very well known download site.

golfpro 15:10 06 Jun 2008

I would like to hear more from people who have used this before I download it.

Technotiger 15:44 06 Jun 2008

Surely you don't think I would give out advice to dodgy sites???

I am hurt to the quick!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?