Deleting "Links" from the Favourites menu

Newuser1252 11:13 19 Jan 2003
  Newuser1252 11:13 19 Jan 2003

Hi everyone, just a small but annoying problem, I run XP Pro and IE 6, I cleared the Favourites menu on the task bar in IE of the usual standard rubbish items, MSN, Radio, Links, etc; But Links keeps re-appearing, I have edited the registry but still it keeps coming back. Does anyone know how I can get permanently rid of "Links" or is it another evil plot by Microsoft to send me slowly barmy?

ellas 12:31 19 Jan 2003

you say you have edited registry,so you have removed the links key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internetexplorer\toolbar and double clicked the LinksFolderName entry and deleted links from the value data box leaving it blank,then closing regedit and opening I/E and deleting the links folder and restarting computer.

Newuser1252 16:00 19 Jan 2003

yes, have removed this key, but "Links" still re-appears

-pops- 16:09 19 Jan 2003

At risk of appearing unsympathetic, I find it odd that you can get so worked up: "is it another evil plot by Microsoft to send me slowly barmy?" over such a minor thing.

It wasn't until today that I've ever noticed a section called "links" in favourites, never mind get worked up about it - and I have been computing a good number of years.

If I were you, I'd just try and forget about it, there is an imminent war in the Middle East that has far worse implications.

Brian

ellas 16:55 19 Jan 2003

sorry Newuser1252 no idea why that does not work.

Newuser1252 17:06 19 Jan 2003

I'm sorry Brian, I didn't realise my small problem was connected to a middle east war, I will try to ignore The "Links" problem, maybe it will make the threat of war go away. Thanks for your "help" though. I will close this thread now before armagedon looms over the horizon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires